Monday, October 17, 2011
Lesson 6: Who You Were Meant to Be - Everybody Has a Calling
Every single person who is born has a purpose, Oprah says in tonight's episode. In this class, she shares real-life stories of how she, Lady Gaga and others found their callings. As they show us, sometimes, your calling is right in your own neighborhood.
Today's QuestionWhen you connect with the place of stillness at your core, what do you feel you're meant to do with your life?
Lady Gaga!!! I love her so much so it was great to see this show because I never saw the original interview when it aired on Oprah. There was only about 5-10 minutes of her interview but it was great. Others featured were people who created businesses out of following their passions.
Favorite things from today's class:
- Celebrate all the things you don't like about yourself to become truly happy inside - Lady Gaga
- Your life is messaging to you all the time. Doing what you don't want to do is a message. Knowing what you DON'T want to do can be a path to knowing what you DO want to do. Find little pieces of your life that brings you joy and use that as a start because that will help you build the foundation to get you to a place to when you CAN do what you want to do all the time.
- How can I be used in service, to myself first, and then how can I use that service to serve the world. Use your life to serve the world and you will find that
- "Regret Minimization Framework" - Jeff Bezos. When I'm 80 I want to have a few regrets as possible about the way I lived my life. No worries about trying and failing, but regret for not even trying. Choose actions that create the fewest amount of regrets.
- "Maybe I'm put on this earth to do more than just make myself better off." - John Wood, Philanthropist
PS: I want a mustard pot!
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Lesson 7: Aging Beautifully
Some of the most glamorous women to ever grace the screen—Cybill Shepherd, Jamie Lee Curtis and Ali MacGraw—reveal how they really felt about being defined by beauty. Find out what they learned, and how you can develop an inner self—which is key to aging beautifully.
Today's QuestionWhat's the best thing and what's the hardest thing about the age you are now?
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Lesson 8: When You Know Better...Today's Question
Tonight's class focuses on one of the great lessons of Oprah's life, which she learned from none other than Maya Angelou. Relive some of Oprah's most difficult moments, from confronting skinheads to acknowledging a major faux pas. Plus, find out how to respond when you do something you wish you hadn't done.
What do you know better today than you did a year ago?
Wow! Even without seeing the show this is such a powerful question because when you think about it, it really shows how we grow so much even in one little year. "When you know better, you do better" is such a freeing concept. Really, it's okay that we did things wrong. What are we going to do now? And of course Oprah learned it from Maya Angelou and we all learned it from Oprah.
Lesson 9: You're Responsible for Your LifeToday's Question
Since she was a young girl, Oprah has known that if anything were going to move forward in her life, she was going to have to be responsible for making it happen. She and others show how they've taken control of their lives to force change—and how this principle can come into play in your life.
Where are you waiting for someone else to create what you long for?
My favorite quote from today: "Take responsibility for the energy that you bring" - Jill Bolte Taylor
Friday, October 21, 2011
Lesson 10: Joy Rising (Flash Mob)
Every Friday, Oprah wants to bring you a little bit of joy. And in her 25 years of doing The Oprah Winfrey Show, there's never been a better example of joy rising than the Season 24 kickoff party, which featured one of the biggest flash mobs in history. Watch, and get happy.
What's the one thing you know for sure about joy?
Bonus Live Webclass
Iyanla Vanzant was the teacher again tonight.
Other Weeks of Class:
Oprah's Lifeclass, Week 1
Oprah's Lifeclass, Week 3
Oprah's Lifeclass, Week 4
Oprah's Lifeclass, Week 5
Visit me on Google+.
Love is all around you...